Tester in the sources listImprovement
DNS help improvementsImprovement
We've made additional quality-of-life improvements to our inline help documentation when a DNS change is required:
- Detect common forwarding services based on IP address and inform that these first need to be disabled.
- Improved copy.
- Added label to some IP addresses if they are communicated differently in the DNS zone editor.
On top, we've been also been busy on other segments:
- Added better error handling to our tester to inform you
- Improved the performance of the SSL certificate installation.
- Some mobile styling improvements in-app.
Add inline documentation to DNS errorsImprovement
When we detect a DNS error, we now show inline documentation under the "DNS" button to help out with these settings in a step-by-step guide.
HSTS options customizableNew feature
It's now possible to define custom HSTS values. This includes max-age, include subdomains and the preload attributes.
By allowing the max-age to be configurable, you can safely introduce HSTS across your domains by setting a low limit, see what the impact is and increase the max-age over time.
You may define a default on team level and overrule per domain like before.
API documentation rewriteImprovement
We've rewritten our API documentation in OpenAPI 3.1 spec and added additional descriptions/examples to improve the experience of implementing our API.
Feedback on our API documentation is always welcome!
DNT (Do-Not-Track)New feature
We always put privacy first. We've added support to honor the DNT (Do-Not-Track) header on our redirect network. When a visitor lands on a redirect and the DNT header is set, we only count the hit but do not save any visitor information.
We are very happy to report that we've moved redirect.pizza and it's API to our high-availability managed hosting cluster. This means even better stability and performance for you to enjoy!
This move also ensures that we have better options to scale up our infrastructure needs based on demand in the future.
Legacy redirects migratedImprovement
We've migrated our legacy infrastructure over to the codebase of our new edge network. This ensures we only have a single redirector codebase to maintain and will ensure that legacy users have access to the latest features.
Users are still requested to change over the IP address, as the legacy IP space is scheduled to be phased out. Read more here.
- Lowered the interval between DNS checks. Domains are checked at least once a day, while newly added domains multiple times per hour.
- Improved the SAML SSO invite flow
- Detect redirect loops in our tester
Change role of team membersImprovement
It is now possible to change the role of your team members. To do this, go to More -> Users and click on the desired team member. You can for instance create multiple owners for your team to manage by changing the role from 'Member' to 'Owner'.
Improved the search on redirects
Optimized importing speed
Performance fixes all around
Added an example import XLSX file
GitHub Secret ScanningNew feature
We’ve partnered up with GitHub as part of its Secret Scanning Program. This means that when an API token from redirect.pizza is pushed into a public repository, the API token is marked as compromised. You’ll receive an email and the API token will be automatically revoked.
See more here: https://github.blog/changelog/2022-06-09-redirect-pizza-is-now-a-github-secret-scanning-partner/
Bulk check DNSNew feature
You can now force-check multiple domains to see if the DNS entries are correct. To use, go to Domains -> Select one or more domains -> Force check DNS
SAML SSO improvementsImprovement
- We've published the SAML SSO activation process in a support article.
- The ACS & Entity ID per team was previously only available via support but can now be found on your Team Settings page via More -> Settings.
- We've added a Service Provider initiated flow by detecting the domain of the email address automatically (previously SSO was IdP-initiator only)
Share your analyticsNew feature
We've added the ability to share your analytics view with someone else. This share link is valid for 1 week after creation, and includes your defined filters in the analytics page.
Fast high-available global networkNew feature
Today we've launched our new network! With 17 POPs spread across the globe, you always have the best possible redirecting speed available.
A small quality of life improvement: we've added a direct link to our tester in the sources list to easily test your redirects.